Sunday, October 2, 2011

EvC, What a disgusting place

Just a brief one:

Decided I need to try to learn more about the different creationist positions so I've been reading a book by Kurt Wise and watching some videos of Steve Austin (Here's one for instance. I already knew something about his nautiloid find and it was interesting to hear more about it.

So after digesting some of their thinking I went to EvC and did a search on "Steve Austin" and guess what I found?

NOT ONE MENTION OF ANY OF THE SCIENTIFIC POINTS HE HAS ARGUED, NOT ONE! Oh well, maybe I didn't look far enough, that's possible.

But what I DID FIND is:
  • one remark that his work on the Grand Canyon was nonsense or something to that effect, no content, just a slur,

  • comments about how his being a YEC (Young Earth Creationist) disqualifies him from the getgo,

  • some claims that the Institute for Creation Research BOUGHT his degree for him,

  • and that he lied about what geologists believe about the time frame of sedimentary deposition. "Lied." It never occurs to anyone at EvC that a creationist probably has a GOOD SOURCE for his information and I'm sure Austin had one.

ALL SLANDER AND SLURS, NO EVIDENCE, NO QUOTES, NO REFERENCES, NO CONTENT! NOBODY DISCUSSED ANYTHING STEVE AUSTIN HAS TO SAY ABOUT FLOOD GEOLOGY! NOBODY!

THIS IS TYPICAL. MANY TIMES WHEN I'VE SEARCHED FOR SOMETHING SUBSTANTIVE AT EvC THIS IS WHAT I'VE TURNED UP.

SCIENCE, HA!!!
THEY DO NOT DISCUSS SCIENCE, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT SCIENCE. No integrity or serious purpose among them. All they care about is getting rid of creationism ANY WAY THEY CAN.

Right now there is not one decent creationist and maybe only five or six reasonably qualified evolutionists at EvC and that's probably being generous. If I eliminated everyone who made snarky remarks or wrote contentless posts when they should be giving substantive scientific comments there might be none left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE just register somewhere, there seem to be many options. A Google account is easy. And give SOME kind of pseudonym at least. THANKS!